Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 10:00am: Latest News
Online Registration for the 2018 Bonita Valley Girls Softball Recreation season is now open,
click on "Log In" in the upper right hand side of this page to begin the process.
All registrations must be completed online.
You have the option to pay your fees on-line as you register or at one of the on-site events
(just select cash/check as your payment option when you register).
On-line registration has started.
The second part of the registration process is to bring the following to an on-site event for verification:
1) A copy of your registration confirmation sent through e-mail (with confirmation of payment if you paid on-line)
2) The birth certificate of your player(s). The birth certificate will be returned to you immediately.
On-Site Registration Dates
After registering online, you must complete the registration process by attending an on-site registration event.
Please bring the items mentioned above.
All fees are due when you attend an on-site registration event if you did not pay them when you registered on-line.
Here are the dates and locations for the on-site registration events:
December 6 7PM-9PM: Parkview Elementary School Auditorium (575 Juniper St, Chula Vista, CA 91911)
December 20 7PM-9PM: Parkview Elementary School Auditorium (575 Juniper St, Chula Vista, CA 91911)
January 6 9AM - 12PM**: Discovery Park and Skill Assessments For Players With Last Name Begins A - L
January 20 9AM - 12PM**: Discovery Park and Skill Assessments For Players With Last Name Begins M - Z
**Skill Assessments for those that require them will also happen on these dates. See the Skill Assessment notes below.
All paperwork and fees not yet paid must be completed and submitted by January 13
to ensure your player is registered to play this season.
Anyone registering after this date will be placed on a waiting list and added to team rosters
only to fill out the teams created, if needed. There are no guarantees from the waiting list.
First Child - $160.00
Second Child - $140.00
T-Ball and Super 6'ers - $110.00
Third or More Child** - Free
**Third child is defined as a member of the immediate family only.
Early Bird Discount
We will take $10 off the registration fees if they are paid in full before December 20th.
1st Child $150, 2nd Child $130, and T-Ball/Super 6er $100.
Division Age Groups
T-Ball (6U): Ages 4 - 5
Super 6'ers**: Age 6
Rookies (8U): Ages 7 - 8
Mini-Minors (10U): Ages 9 - 10
Minors (12U): Ages 11 - 12
Majors (14U): Ages 13 - 14
**Super 6'ers is like T-Ball but with some rules similar to the Rookie Division. For example, taking away the Tee for hitting during the games.
The date used to determine age eligibility is December 31, 2017.
Only players that fall into one of the following categories require a skill assessment:
1) PITCHERS AND CATCHERS: Any player wanting to be considered a pitcher or catcher this season must be assessed (all divisions except T-Ball and Rookies).
2) Any Player moving up from the Rookies Division must be assessed.
3) All new Players to the league going into Mini-Minors, Minors, or Majors Divisions must also be assessed.
Players that fall into one of the above categories who do not attend a skills assessment
will not be placed on a team during the draft.
Dates and locations for the assessments:
Saturday, January 6 9AM-12PM: Discovery Park For Players With Last Name Begins A-L
Saturday, January 20 9AM-12PM: Discovery Park For Players With Last Name Begins M-Z
*Note: Players are able to come to either assessment day regardless of last name.
When attending a Skills Assessment we strongly recommend bringing a glove, cleats, bat, helmet and a protective face mask.
If your player is going out for catcher, also bring catchers gear.
BVGASA holds a blind draft
to place the players on their teams. This season the draft will be conducted on
January 23-25. All drafted players will be notified some time after the draft by their new managers.
BVGASA is a non-profit organization that survives on the volunteer time and dedication of its
members, specifically the parents and businesses of the community. Again this year we will need volunteers for Team Managers, Coaches, Team Mom's, Parent Helpers, etc.
(anyone who interacts with the players). If you have the desire to be a part of this season's effort in one of these capacities, you will need a new ASA background check
completed as this is an ASA annual requirement. If you get it started now you will be cleared prior to the beginning of the season.
Just click on the "Log In" link on the upper right hand corner of this page then click on the "Register to Volunteer" link to get the process started.
Bring a copy of a completed volunteer form and a $10.00 processing fee (if you did not pay during the on-line registration) to any of the on-site registration
dates. When the process is completed, it will allow you to help with on-field activities like games and practices. Without this, adults are not
allowed on any of the fields during league activity times. This is an USA Softball annual requirement so once you get this done, you can use it without renewing throughout
the year, no matter what league you are involved with.
Dates to Remember:
- December 6, 2017: 7PM-9PM Registration Drop Off at Parkview Elementary
- December 14, 2017: 7PM-9PM Board Member Meeting at Bonita Library
- December 20, 2017: 7PM-9PM Registration Drop Off at Parkview Elementary and Early Bird Discount Ends
- January 6, 2018: 8AM-12PM Registration Drop Off and Assessments at Discovery Park
- January 13, 2018: Field Work Day
- January 13-14, 2018: USA Softball Select Tournament
- January 20, 2018: 8AM-12PM Registration Drop Off and Assessments at Discovery Park
- January 20, 2018: 12PM Registration Closes and Waiting List is Opened
- January 23-25, 2018: Blind Draft
- January 27, 2018: Field Work Day
- January 28, 2018: Coaches Clinic
- February 1, 2018: First Day of Regular Season
- February 17, 2018: Opening Day Ceremony
- March 26-31, 2018: League's Spring Break (No practice and games)
- April 14, 2018: Petco Softball Day
- May 1, 2018: All Star Season Begins
- May 5, 2018: Closing Ceremony